Sunday, January 17, 2010

BUTTONS!


Buttons!!  Oh my goodness how I have discovered my inner button goddess.

Surfing on Ebay one day (yes I do that, don't tell my mom) looking for some inspiration I came across a 5 pound bag of antique buttons for more or less cheap.  I have always loved buttons so I thought, hey!  Why not?  Let's see what you could do with some of those.

Mmmmmmm....Bakelight, rhinestone, CARVED abalone and mother of pearl!  Oh my!


So I started to play...and play....and play!  What started as a simple experiment has turned into an absolute passion.

Sometimes I use sterling silver, sometimes I use gold, and sometimes I use both!  The best part about it is that now I have clients who have me utilize some of their own antique buttons.


Because think about it.  Grandma or great grandma did such an amazing job collecting buttons over the years...and now that she has bequeathed them all to you...what in the world are you going to do with them??!!  How about having an heirloom made for you and your children!?

I'm LOVE green jewelry and I've decided that this source of beauty is one of my favorite recycles!

CHEERS!

1 comment:

  1. Making your own jewelery can be fun. you can put your many different creative ideas in making. i must say creativity you shown here is very interesting.
    custom made Jewellery

    ReplyDelete